Vacancies: Casual Summer 2017/2018
Drowning Prevention Auckland Casual Summer Job Application 2017/2018
The ideal applicant would have a strong background in the aquatic environment.
Water Safety Educators
- During the holidays, you will be a part of the Water Safety Educators team ensuring the safe and efficient running of the holiday programmes. Your main role will be to provide a beneficial service to the participants by providing insight and knowledge of safe practices around water, while promoting a fun and exciting atmosphere.
- The Splash Break-Away holiday programme is a FREE programme provided to communities around the Auckland Region, advocating water safety practices. Splash Break-Away provides opportunities for participants to improve water safety knowledge and skills, enhance their swimming ability and have a go at aquatic sports they may not have experienced. This programme thrives in building children’s water confidence through swim sessions and exciting aquatic activities.
For this role you will be needed January 22nd – 25th and January 30th – February 2nd. This will be a total of 8 days working between 7-8 hours per day.
Water Safety Ambassador
- This provides a fantastic opportunity for an energetic and outgoing individual with a passion for the outdoors or aquatics to help us meet our vision of a Drowning free Auckland.
- Water Safety Ambassador work is about advocating safe water practices in, on and around the water and is varied to the type of event held. Ambassadors provide information to people through various ways including verbal communication, water safety games, booklets, and informative brochures.
This role starts from November 11th and will be casual weekend work (5-9 hours per week on average), finishing in April 2018. These dates are flexible.
- This position will provide people with a strong aquatic background the opportunity to train and gain their pool lifeguard practising certificate to become a qualified pool lifeguard. (You must be able to swim 200m)
- It will also provide current people who have their pool lifeguard practising certificate part-time work throughout the Auckland Region. Drowning Prevention Auckland will be able to offer you casual lifeguarding hours at various pools throughout Auckland. This will hopefully lead to a full-time pool lifeguarding position.
Lifeguard Temps who are current PLPC will be casual and will have working hours from 5 to possibly 40hours per week. The start date of this job is TBC.
*You can apply for ALL three roles or the role that suits you best.
Click to Apply: Application Form
Applications will close on the 11th December
All successful applicants are required to be police vetted and drug tested.