Putting it Together to Simulate being in an Open Water Environment
Local hazards – entry – float – exit
- Check the depth of the water and that the area is safe.
- Identify safe exit points.
- Enter the water.
- Float to control breathing.
- Swim to the exit or signal for help.
Teaching Tips and Class Management
- Try the sequence in shallow and deep water.
- Practice wearing a lifejacket, and wearing clothes.
- Children could practice each sequence in groups.
- Teacher provides feedback while moving around the groups.