WAI works actively to raise water competence and water safety awareness, particularly around the wearing of lifejackets. With the new Auckland Navigation Safety Bylaw coming in to force this weekend and in support of Safer Boating Week 17-24 October we’ve extened our #wearit4work photo competition. Under the new Navigation Bylaw it will be compulsory for everyone on board a vessel of 6m or less to wear a lifejacket unless the skipper decides otherwise. Our goal with #wearit4work is to get folks who wouldn’t normally put a lifejacket on to do just that, even for just a few minutes, have some fun and maybe even win some lifejackets for themselves. We have three sets of four to give away. So get clicking, the more unusual the work dress or situation the better. We look forward to seeing your entries. Competition Terms and Conditions are listed below or click here to download a copy. We encourage you to share this with your friends, family and colleagues, click here for a copy of the flyer.
How to enter:
- Take a pic of yourself, family, friends or colleagues wearing a lifejacket for work – in the classroom, on a building site or mowing the lawns – you get the idea
- You can enter up to three pics any time between Monday 13 and Friday 31 October 2014
- Post your pic(s) to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram – like or follow us, tag us
- Use the hashtags #wearit4work and #saferboatingweek
- Include the category you want to enter #education #community or #workplace
- Alternatively you could also just email your entry directly to us
Like, tag, share, contact us
WAI Safer Boating Week #wearit4work Photo Competition 2014 – Terms & Conditions
- Information published by WaterSafe Auckland (WAI) on how to enter and win prizes forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms & Conditions is invalid.
- Entry is open to residents of New Zealand (‘you’). Employees of WAI and their immediate families are eligible to enter but ineligible to win prizes.
- This Competition is being held to promote Safer Boating Week (17-24 October 2014) and the new Auckland Council Navigation Safety Bylaw which comes in to force at Labour Weekend.
- Eligible entries can be submitted from 13 October 2014 until 5pm Friday 31 October 2014.
- Entries are limited to three per eligible entrant and may be submitted in any one, or all, of the following three categories:All entries received during the competition period will be reviewed by WAI. WAI will determine the validity of entries in each category. Three valid entries, one per category, will be determined the winners.
- Community (families, community groups, individuals)
- Education (early childhood to tertiary)
- All entries received during the competition period will be reviewed by WAI. WAI will determine the validity of entries in each category. Three valid entries, one per category, will be determined to be the winners.
- The winners will be announced on or before 5 November 2014.
- Each prize pack consists of four lifejackets.
- To enter, ‘you’ must post an original photo of your own on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the hashtags #wearit4work and #saferboatingweek, as well as the category you wish to enter: #community, #education or #workplace.
- For tags to be valid you must ‘like’ or ‘follow’ the respective social media account (as noted above).
- Entries must feature lifejackets of the correct size and be worn correctly (clipped /zipped), and reflect appropriate Health & Safety practices e.g. builders wearing safety helmets.
- Each entry must be suitable for publication and display online, and should not be obscene or indecent (including, but not limited to, nudity, pornography or profanity).
- If anyone other than ‘you’ appears in your entry, ‘you’ must have their permission to use their name and/or likeness in the manner outlined by this competition. Permission must be granted by the guardians of all photo subjects under the age of 18.
- WAI reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process, including but not limited to making multiple entries in excess of the maximum for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
- WAI retains the right to use the photos submitted to promote water safety during the competition period. If WAI wishes to use the photo for any other purpose, winners will be contacted in order to seek their permission.
- Winners will be notified via their channel of competition entry, with request for further contact details on or by 29 October 2014. If WAI has not received those details within five days of request, or if three reasonable attempts to contact the winner(s) have been made within three days after notification and the winner is still unavailable, the prize will be forfeited and another winner selected from eligible entries.
- By entering the competition ‘you’ are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- Prizes are not transferrable and not redeemable as cash, or any other goods or services.
- WAI is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered, including but not limited to indirect or inconsequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law
- WAI’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- If ‘you’ submit an entry that includes material that is owned by a third party, including intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademarks, ‘you’ will be responsible for any legal action that party may take against ‘you’.
- WAI reserves the right to extend, cancel or amend this competition at any time.